Privacy & Terms
Information Collection and Use
We collect the following personal information from you when you visit our website, donate or sign up for DE Serves subcriptions:
- Contact information such as name, email address, mailing address, phone number
- Company name and address
We use this information to:
- Send you requested service information
- Respond to customer service requests
- Send you a newsletter
- Send you marketing communications
- Respond to your questions and concerns
- Improve our website and marketing efforts
- Conduct research and analysis
We may provide your personal information to companies that provide services to help us with our business activities such as offering customer service or sending emails. These companies are authorized to use your personal information only as necessary to provide these services to us and are contractually obligated to keep your information confidential.
We may also disclose your personal information:
- as required by law, such as to comply with a subpoena, or similar legal process;
- when we believe in good faith that disclosure is necessary to protect our rights, protect your safety or the safety of others, investigate fraud, or respond to a government request;
- if DE Serves is involved in a merger, acquisition, or sale of all or a portion of its assets, you will be notified via email and/or a prominent notice on our website of any change in ownership or uses of your personal information, as well as any choices you may have regarding your personal information;
- to any other third party with your prior consent to do so.
User Access and Choice
If your personal information changes, you may correct, update, amend, remove, or ask to have it removed by submitting a service request via the DirectEmployers Right to be Forgotten page.
We will retain your information for as long as your account is active or as needed to provide you services. We will retain and use your information as necessary to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, and enforce our agreements.
If you wish to subscribe to our newsletter(s), we will use your name and email address to send the newsletter to you. Out of respect for your privacy, you may choose to stop receiving our newsletter or marketing emails by following the unsubscribe instructions included in these emails, accessing the email preferences in your account settings page or you can contact us via the DirectEmployers Contact page.
We use both session ID cookies and persistent cookies. A session ID cookie expires when you close your browser. A persistent cookie remains on your hard drive for an extended period of time. You can remove persistent cookies by following directions provided in your Internet browser’s “help” directory. If you reject cookies, you may still use our site, but the functionality of some areas of our site will be limited.
Analytics services we employ use beacons, pixel-sized images, tags and scripts to track users’ movements around the site. These data are used in analyzing trends, administering the site, and gathering demographic information about our user base as a whole. We may receive reports based on the use of these technologies by these services on an individual as well as aggregated basis.
Analytics / Log Files
As is true of most websites, we gather certain information automatically and store it in log files. This information includes internet protocol (IP) addresses, browser type, internet service provider (ISP), referring/exit pages, operating system, date/time stamp, and clickstream data. We use this information, which does not identify individual users, to analyze trends, to administer the site, to track users’ movements around the site and to gather demographic information about our user base as a whole. We do not link this automatically-collected data to personally identifiable information.
3rd Party Tracking
Behavioral Targeting / Re-Targeting
We follow generally accepted standards to protect the personal information submitted to us, both during transmission and once we receive it. No method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage, is 100% secure, however. Therefore, we cannot guarantee its absolute security. If you have any questions about security on our website, you may contact us using the DirectEmployers Contact page.
Links to 3rd Party Sites
We display personal testimonials of satisfied customers on our site in addition to other endorsements. With your consent we may post your testimonial along with your name. If you wish to update or delete your testimonial, you may contact us using the DirectEmployers Contact page.
Social Media Widgets
DirectEmployers Serves has no intention of collecting any personal information from individuals under eighteen (18) years of age. If a child has provided us with personal information without the consent of a parent or guardian, a parent or guardian should contact us at: info@DirectEmployers.org, if they would like us to delete this information from our files.
Changes To This Policy
- “Site” or “DE Serves” shall include any information or services made available by DE Serves, regardless of the medium, and shall include, without limitation any affiliated webSite, mobile applications, videos, products and applications we make available. We reserve the right at any time, and from time to time, to modify, suspend or discontinue (temporarily or permanently) the Site, or any part of the Site, with or without notice. You agree that we shall not be liable to you for any such action.
- The Site is not intended for users under 13 years of age. If you are under 13, do not use the Site and do not provide us with any personal information. The Site is designed for those people who reside in the United States or any of its territories and possessions. We make no claims that the Site or any of their content is accessible or appropriate outside of the United States. Access to the Site may not be legal by certain persons or in certain countries. If you access the Site from outside the United States, you do so on your own initiative and are responsible for compliance with local laws.
- Intellectual property.
- Prohibited uses.
- In any way that violates any applicable federal, state, local or international law or regulation (including, without limitation, any laws regarding the export of data or software to and from the United States or other countries).
- For the purpose of exploiting, harming or attempting to exploit or harm minors in any way by exposing them to inappropriate content, asking for personally identifiable information or otherwise.
- To transmit, or procure the sending of, any advertising or promotional material, including any “junk mail”, “chain letter” or “spam” or any other similar solicitation.
- To impersonate or attempt to impersonate DE Serves, a DE Serves employee, another user or any other person or entity (including, without limitation, by using e-mail addresses or screen names associated with any of the foregoing).
- To engage in any other conduct that restricts or inhibits anyone’s use or enjoyment of the Site, or which, as determined by us, may harm DE Serves or users of the Site or expose them to liability.
Additionally, you agree not to:
- Use the Site in any manner that could disable, overburden, damage, or impair the Site or interfere with any other party’s use of the Site, including their ability to engage in real time activities through the Site.
- You agree not to “scrape” or disaggregate data from the Site (whether by manual or automated means), for any commercial, marketing, or data compiling or enhancing purpose. Use any manual process to monitor or copy any of the material on the Site or for any other unauthorized purpose without our prior written consent.
- Use any device, software or routine that interferes with the proper working of the Site.
- Introduce any viruses, trojan horses, worms, logic bombs or other material which is malicious or technologically harmful.
- Attempt to gain unauthorized access to, interfere with, damage or disrupt any parts of the Site, the server on which the Site is stored, or any server, computer or database connected to the Site.
- Attack the Site via a denial-of-service attack or a distributed denial-of-service attack.
- Otherwise attempt to interfere with the proper working of the Site.
- LIABILITY DISCLAIMERS.
- GENERAL DISCLAIMERS. YOUR USE OF THE SITE IS AT YOUR OWN RISK. NEITHER, DIRECTEMPLOYERS SERVES, INC. NOR ANY OF THEIR SUBSIDIARIES, DIVISIONS, AFFILIATES, AGENTS, REPRESENTATIVES OR LICENSORS SHALL BE LIABLE TO YOU OR ANYONE ELSE FOR ANY LOSS OR INJURY OR ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL, SPECIAL, PUNITIVE OR SIMILAR DAMAGES ARISING OUT OF YOUR ACCESS OR USE OF, OR YOUR INABILITY TO ACCESS OR USE, THE SITE AND THE INFORMATION AVAILABLE ON THE SITE OR ARISING OUT OF ANY ACTION TAKEN IN RESPONSE TO OR AS A RESULT OF ANY INFORMATION AVAILABLE ON THE SITE. YOU HEREBY WAIVE ANY AND ALL CLAIMS AGAINST DIRECTEMPLOYERS SERVES, INC., AND THEIR SUBSIDIARIES, DIVISIONS, AFFILIATES, AGENTS, AND REPRESENTATIVES ARISING OUT OF YOUR USE OF THE SITE AND THE INFORMATION AVAILABLE THEREON.
- Your Comments and Concerns
This website is operated by DirectEmployers Serves, Inc., located at 9002 N. Purdue Road, Suite 100, Indianapolis, IN 46268. All other feedback, comments, requests for technical support and other communications relating to the Site should be directed to: (866) 268-6206. Thank you for visiting the Site.